It is my quest to complete Kick, Punch, Eat Meat and if fortune favors me, turn Robot Monkey Brain into a sustainable venture. Leave a comment if there is any other aspect of this game dev stuff that you are interested in keeping tabs on and I’ll include it in future logs.
Here is what has been happening over the past 4 weeks:
- Implemented Equipment as playable cards
- Conducted multiple play tests, gathered a lot of quality feedback (thank you, friends!)
- Removed Equipment as playable cards
- Implemented Equipment as items added into Slots on the character. They provide passive effects.
- Changed the map to a Hex map
- Implemented Line Of Sight on the map
- Added Ruins to the map, locations which present the player with special Events
- Implemented multiple outcomes to events with probabilities used for selecting the outcome of the player’s Choice
- Recongigering of the Combat UI elements
- Much balancing of existing Cards, Enemies and abilities
- Many bug fixes and performance tweaks
- Progression towards making Robot Monkey Brain into an LLC
- Researched the Photon plugin for Unity (for future projects)
- Addressed a performance issue with Instantiating too many cards every time the deck changes
- Added a number of new Poison card mechanics
Eat all the food in my house before buying new stuff. I’m allowed to buy food that’ll go with something I’ve got an am trying to use up. For example, I have a bunch of granola, so I’m allowed to buy yogurt to eat it with. At this point, I’m getting pretty low on food stuffs and these pickle, salt and coffee ground sandwiches aren’t the best.